Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Face To Face With The Snipers

OP Juice by Ocean Pacific, 2.5 oz Perfume Spray for womenIn 2002 I was moving from New York to Florida. It was only my wife and I since my daughter, 18 then, didn't want to come with us for her own personal reasons. It was the Month of August, I believe, when we departed in an old Buick Regal given to us as a gift by two precious souls from the Church we were attending. The car was in perfect condition. Before leaving a woman pastor prayed for us for traveling blessings. By the Carolinas we had an incident in which a tire blew up at high speed but nothing happened and we were able to change the tire and buy a new one closed to where it happened.

I also remembered commenting as a joke to the friends we were staying with that I was going to catch the snipers on my way to Florida. When I said that I kind of felt I shouldn't have said that. But then I calmed myself thinking it was just a joke. My friend just laughed at my occurrence.

Going back again to the road we stopped in several Inns on the way. Probably the first one was in Aberdeen, Maryland. I decided to spend the night at the Days Inn. Aberdeen caught my attention back in the time I was stationed at Ft. George G. Meade, Md., during the 1967 and 1968 years. Every time I traveled to New York City and back to Ft. Meade, I always saw the sign that directed to Aberdeen and somehow the name or something about Aberdeen attracted me. I always wanted to go there to find out why I was attracted by Aberdeen. I completed my service in 1968 and went to live in New York for a year and then back to Puerto Rico to start college.

Here I am 34 years later passing by Aberdeen. I told my wife about my fantasy with Aberdeen and convinced her to stop there to spend the night. What is coming next made me think about the possibility of my fantasy having to do something with it. We had good experiences with Days Inn so we look for one and stopped there. We were getting ready to relax when my wife asked me to go to the trunk of the car to get some items. As I stepped out and close the door my wife opened the door again to say something to me. As  she finished talking to me I saw this teenager with braiding pacing the hallway of the second floor where my room was. I found him kind of suspicious. He heard my wife talking to me in Spanish and asked me - "What is she saying, is she talking about me?” I responded back to him - "No, she is not talking about you, she doesn't even know you". As soon as I saw my wife closed the door I walked away.

Immediately after I got whatever I was looking for in the trunk of my car I was about to walk back to the room when  the boy came with this man and approached me. The man was a black adult guy in his low 50's as I could appreciate. He immediately asked me - "are you Muslim?” I immediately responded - "No, I am not Muslim" and I saw him putting his left hand under his jacket like if he was going to pull something out. I just turned and gave him my back and started walking back to my room. I was fighting fear. I walked away with confidence and refusing to show fear.

As soon as I made a left turn after the desk of Days Inn, I hurried my steps and got in my room and immediately run to the window. While looking through the window I was talking to my wife and telling her that I just saw the snipers. I said that because there was a knowing in the inside of me that they were the snipers. It was like a conviction I can't explain. I kept looking for them through the window until I saw them getting inside a big car parked right by the last parking spot before the road that was out of the Inn. Somehow I think today that the comment that I was going to catch the snipers and this experience got connected in my thinking and that convinced me they were the snipers.


The car appeared to be a light color because it was under a phosphorescent light. By that date in August the news about the snipers was that police were looking for a Van with white guys driving it. I was so convinced they were the snipers that I called my friends in New York where we were staying and told them that the snipers were not whites and they weren't in a van but blacks and driving a big white or light blue car. I also told them they were a teenager and an adult. I thought about calling the police but then I realized they weren't going to buy my story, I didn't have any evidence and I couldn't take the car plates plus there was no evidence except my personal conviction.

When the snipers were caught in October of 2002 I was shocked to see the pictures of the suspects and the car they were driving. The car was dark blue but it appeared a lighter color under the phosphorescent light. John Allem Muhammad was the same man that approached me back in August in Aberdeen. Lee Boyd Malvo looked the same one I saw at the Inn without the braids.

http://mathews.nerium.com/http://mathews.nerium.com/

No comments: